Brief on MIE
In this regard, MIE strives to be amongst the very best in the area of entrepreneurship creation and promotion, innovation and application of skills, technologies and harnessing the rich potential of promising sub sectors with clearly defined focus on apiculture, agriculture, horticulture, floriculture, pisciculture, aromatic and medicinal plantations, animal husbandry, nonfarm enterprises and other locally viable, remunerative income generating activities.
Apart from developing its own resource base, the institute will also actively leverage upon the infrastructure and institutional support available with local and national institutes like the Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE), State Polytechnics/Industrial Training Institutes, SIRD, NIRD, IIMs, Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDI), National Research Institutes etc for conducting its activities Once fully developed, the Institute may also cater to the demands from other States having similar kinds of entrepreneurship development programmes.
- To create awareness among various target groups on entrepreneurial opportunities.
- To help and assist unemployed youth – educated and uneducated, urban and rural in acquiring skills for both wage and self employment.
- To organize vocational training for skills up-gradation including establishment of vocational training centres.
- To spread entrepreneurial education at the school and college level.
- To encourage and assist in setting up of enterprises by individuals focussing on first generation entrepreneurs through appropriate training, behavioural motivation, Managerial competencies and selective technical skilling.
- To map the business potential and opportunities of the state within a sustainable framework.
- Provide knowledge support to line departments and individuals through the encouragement and promotion of research & special studies on various aspects of entrepreneurship for small & medium enterprises, market surveys, potentiality surveys, technical feasibility and economic viability studies.
- To develop resource maps of Meghalaya and other client States for guidance and reference by aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Provide backend support to line departments and entrepreneurs through leveraging help/support and affiliations with institutions/organizations in carrying out training and other entrepreneurship development related activities.
- To provide vital information and backend support to trainers, promoters and entrepreneurs by organizing research and documentation relevant to entrepreneurship development.
- To provide regional / national/ international forums for interaction and exchange of experiences helpful for policy formulation and modification at various levels.
The interventions of MIE are focused mainly on the following areas:
1. Capacity building and training
2. Back end support to enterprises and line departments
3. Knowledge backstopping for enterprises / entrepreneurs and line departments
4. Sector specific facilitation services